Markings In My Journal

Visit my other site, Markings In My Journal, for more inspiration.

Thursday, May 15, 2014

The Power Source...

I was working with my glue gun on a project this morning...I took a short break and when I came back to the project, I had a issue...the glue gun seemed like it didn't want to squeeze out any glue. I looked a little closer and felt that the temperature seemed to be cooling down.


There is no on/off switch on it...so, I look at the candles in our windows. They were off....hmmm.

Our top outlets in our living room all run together and can be controlled by a light switch...and I was using one of these top outlets. Well, my oldest girl thought she was being helpful in turning the candles off since it was daytime!

My power source was turned off! Made me think of how, if we are turned off and not learning from God, our power source, we can be ineffective in our work. Reading the Bible daily and going to church regularly are the best ways to stay plugged-in...

And we also have to make sure our Power source is working... Although my daughter was trying to be helpful, she hindered my work till I got the power to the outlets turned back on. Sometimes people and things that seem helpful can actually turn us off or distract us from doing our best work for God or learning what He is trying to teach us.

Make sure we are plugged into the power source and allow God to empower us to do His work!
Amanda
"He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might he increaseth strength." ~ Isaiah 40:29

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yeah! You've come for a visit! Thank you for writing to me...I LOVE hearing from you! I do try to respond back to the comments left...however, if you are a no-reply blogger...then, unfortunatly, I can't write you back!

Thank you so much for stopping by...