Markings In My Journal

Visit my other site, Markings In My Journal, for more inspiration.

Thursday, May 22, 2014

Reusable Kitchen Supplies...

Typically when I make bread or cookies or muffins, I store them on the counter in plastic bags. But for a little while I've been thinking that I could make some fabric bags and save a little $ on not having to buy the plastic bags, especially since I seem to be making bread and cookies/muffins more lately. The fabric is much easier to reuse than plastic...makes the washing and drying simpler! lol

So yesterday, I was finally able to spend a little time whipping out a few reusable kitchen supplies...

A set of napkins:

A cookie bag and baggie:

A bread bag:
This is made from a vintage flour sack from Chad's grandma! Love it!

I need to make couple more of each so that I have one available if the others are in the wash or I make a variety of items, but they are pretty fast items, so maybe today...

Every little bit of reusing items helps...and my counter is prettier too!!!

Amanda
"She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands."
~Proverbs 31:13

1 comment:

  1. I'd be interested in how long the bread stays fresh and doesn't dry out in a cloth bag . . . I know the cookie bag wouldn't be an issue cuz I'm a cookie monster . . . not time for those to get stale!! I like the napkin idea. I often use a cloth napkin when baking instead of wiping my fingers on a paper towel.

    ReplyDelete

Yeah! You've come for a visit! Thank you for writing to me...I LOVE hearing from you! I do try to respond back to the comments left...however, if you are a no-reply blogger...then, unfortunatly, I can't write you back!

Thank you so much for stopping by...